STUBBS’ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
TCC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES and APPLICATION PROCEDURES
This scholarship program was established at Tallahassee Community College students. It is funded primarily through endowments provided by individuals and businesses in our community who recognize the need to further enhance children’s educational needs.
TO APPLY: Applications may be obtained from the Foundation by calling (850) 893-8782 or download from www.stubbsfoundation.org ONLY during the month of February.
AGE QUALIFICATIONS: Tallahassee Community College applicants must be between the age of 17 and 25.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 1st
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD: After the SEF Board makes a decision regarding scholarship recipients, award letters and acceptance forms will be mailed by April 1st. Failure to return the acceptance form by April 15th may result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
PAYMENT OF AWARD: Upon verification of enrollment at Tallahassee Community College the Tallahassee Community College Foundation will pay funds directly to TCC. The number of hours and the amount of fees paid for books will be announced after the April SEF Board meeting. The maximum is 15 hours per semester and all required books that relate to those 15 hours.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully and adhere to the deadline set by the Board of Directors of STUBBS’ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION (SEF). Application materials received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Submit the following materials:
- A handwritten essay by the applicant regarding you desire for a scholarship and how it will assist you.
- Letter of recommendation. If you are currently enrolled in a music program, the letter should be written by your teacher who can discuss your potential for future success. If you are not currently enrolled, you may have an individual who has worked closely with you (e.g., a school teacher, pastor, coach, employer, etc.) comment on your personal achievement and your potential for success.
- Completed application form
- If applying for financial need a copy of your parents of guardian completed and filed 1040 Tax Return (Joint or Individual).