STUBBS’ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM for K – 12 Students
ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES and APPLICATION PROCEDURES
This music education program was established to provide music scholarships for K-12th grade students. It is funded primarily through endowments provided by individuals and businesses in our community who recognize the need to further enhance children’s educational needs.
TO APPLY: Applications may be obtained from the Foundation by calling (850) 893-8782, or downloading the form online ONLY during the month of MAY.
AGE QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must be between the age of 5 and 17 for K – 12th grade scholarships.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD: After the SEF Board makes a decision regarding scholarship recipients, award letters and acceptance forms will be mailed by July 15t. Failure to return the acceptance form by August 1 may result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
PAYMENT OF AWARD: The Board will disburse funds each academic term to the Foundation’s approved providers, after verification of enrollment. Merit recipients will be awarded scholarships for 50% of the provider’s tuition. Guidelines are provided to each merit recipient, which allows the recipient the opportunity to increase the percentage received.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully and adhere to the deadline set by the Board of Directors of STUBBS’ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION ( SEF ). Application materials received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Submit the following materials:
- A handwritten essay by the applicant.
- Letter of recommendation. If you are currently enrolled in a music program, the letter should be written by your teacher who can discuss your potential for future success. If you are not currently enrolled, you may have an individual who has worked closely with you (e.g., a school teacher, pastor, coach, employer, etc.) comment on your personal achievement and your potential for success in music.
- Completed application form
- Copy of the completed 1040 Tax Return (Joint or Individual) if applying for financial need based scholarship.